Friday, June 7, 2013

Baby bullet crazy!!!

My baby turned four months three weeks ago and I purchased the Baby Bullet.  I never realized how fun it could be to make purées for a baby.  I started off making sweet potato purée, then a couple of days ago I made carrot purée.  (I'm a newby at this so forgive me if I sound excited!!). I'm so psyched that with one sweet potato I can make enough baby food for 5 to 10 days.  I already have two bags of frozen baby food in my freezer.

All this puréeing got me thinking ... hmmm!  What can I make for myself that's healthy?  So I started experimenting around my kitchen.  First I puréed a cup of watermelon and swallowed it in like two seconds.  Then I puréed two bananas.  (That was like two days ago.)

This morning I was tired of eating cereal and milk so I decided I wanted to make pancakes.  This is what I came up with.

Banana purée pancakes with strawberry purée topping.

This is how you can make it:
(Makes 1-2 serving)

One banana
3/4 cups of water
One cup of pancake mix (The kind where you only need to add water)
3 medium to large strawberries

Tools you'll need:

Blender (Baby bullet preferred)
Frying pan and spatula
Measuring cup
Pam or butter

How to make:

1.  Break up banana into pieces then add the banana and water into the blender and purée.
2.  Add the pancake mix and purée.
3.  Coat your frying pan with butter or Pam and make the pancakes.

For the strawberry topping:

1.  Chop all 3 strawberries into four pieces each then add to the blender (or baby bullet) and purée.
2.  Pour the puréed strawberries over your pancakes.
3.  ENJOY!!  I sure did!
    A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
    Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment