Sunday, November 17, 2013

Gratitude and Gobble Gobble Baby Beanie Hat

I know ... it's been a long time since I last posted.  Life has been very interesting.

Watching my little one grow and begin to say things like "Mama" and "Dada" has totally overwhelmed me.  She's growing so fast, it blows my mind.  She crawls soldier style, cries for her Daddy if she gets hurt, makes the cheesiest smile when she learns to do something for the first time or when she does something that causes anyone to smile or laugh.  She cries "Mama" when she's tired or hungry.  She's been saying "Duch" to call our 6 year old girl (Dutchess, our Lemon Basset Hound and been saying "Jaya" to call her cousin Josiah ... all this and she's only 10 months!!  It's amazing that I can't ever remember life without her.

As I think back, I can't help but be grateful to God for all the blessings He has poured out on my family and me.  There is not a thing in my life that I am not grateful for; the bad because it molds my character and teaches me how to work at relationships; the good because it gives me peace and rest from times of trial. Through all things, I've learned to be grateful, even though (at times) I may not understand some of the things I go through.

With this said, I'd like to share this song: "Gratitude" by Nichole Nordeman.  It reminds us to be grateful even if what we are hoping or expecting doesn't come to pass as we would like it to ... but, maybe God has a better plan, maybe He knows what we really need.  May we have peace with what God does in our lives and may we ALWAYS be grateful for ALL He does and that we can learn to trust Him.


I'd like to share this pattern I've been working on for my baby for Thanksgiving.  The pattern fits 9-12 months.  Hope you enjoy!


Gobble Gobble Baby Beanie Hat

Materials:
            Redheart Yarn: Super Saver
                        Coffee
Café Latte               
                        Buff
                        Black
White
                        Hot Red
                        Gold
                        Carrot
                        Spring Green
            Needle: USH8/5.00 MM

GOBBLE GOBBLE HAT

Using COFFEE:
Start off with Magic Ring (mr)
1. Ch 2 (this is the first dc), 9 dc, sl st to join. – (10 sts)
2. Ch 2 (this is first dc), 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in remaining 9 sts, sl st to join. – (20 sts)
3. Ch 2, 2 dc in next st, [1 dc in next  st, 2 dc in next st] repeat from [ to ] 8 times, sl st to join. – (30 sts)
4. Ch 2, 1 dc in next  st, 2 dc in next st, [1 dc in next  2 sts, 2 dc in next st] repeat 8 more times, sl st to join. – (40 sts)

Change color to CAFÉ LATE:
5. Ch 2, 1 dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, [1 dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st] repeat 8 more times, sl st to join. – (50 sts)
6. Ch 2, 1 dc in next 8 sts, 2 dc in next st, [1 dc in next 9 sts, 2 dc in next st] repeat 4 more times, sl st to join. – (55 sts)
7. Ch 2, 1 dc in next 54 sts, sl st to join. – (55 sts)

Change color to BUFF:
8-15. Repeat step 7.
Bind off.

EAR COVERS ON BEANIE
Using BUFF:
Make sure top of hat is facing down, mark 11 sts to left and 16 sts to right of bind off st.
1. Slip st in one of the marked off sts, ch 2, 1 dc in next 5 sts, ch 1, turn.
2. Skip first st, dc in next 4 sts, ch 1, turn.
3. Skip first st, dc in next 3 sts, ch1, turn.
4. Skip first st, dc in next 2 sts, ch 1, turn.
5. Skp first st, dc in next st. Bind off.
Repeat step 1-5 for the other marked off st.

Measure out 18” of COFFEE, CAFÉ LATE and BUFF yarn. Thread all three strands through tip of EAR COVER.  Match up each strand with it’s matching color so that there are three strands and braid all the way down.  When you are close to the end, tie a knot.  Repeat on the other EAR COVER.  Trim loose strands.

MOUTH
Using HOT RED:
Start using Magic Ring (mr)
1. [3 sc, ch 2] repeat once more, 2 sc, ch 2, sl st to join. (creates 3 sides)
2. [1 sc in next 3 st, 2 st in next 2 st space] repeat once more, 1 sc in next 2 sts, 2 st in next 2 st space, sl st to join. Bind off.

Repeat 1-2 using CARROT or GOLD (I used CARROT).

Overlap CARROT mouth piece (for the beak) over the HOT RED piece, then stitch to beanie.

EYES
Using BLACK:
Start using Magic Ring (mr)
1. Ch 2, 9 dc, sl st to join. – (10 sts)

Change color to WHITE:
2. Ch 2, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in remaining 9 sts, sl st to join.  – (20 sts)
3. Ch 2, 1 dc in same st, 1 dc in next st, [2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st] repeat 8 more times, sl st to join. – (30 sts)

Repeat step 1-3 for other eye.

FEATHERS
Colors needed: Hot Red, Gold, Carrot and Spring Green
1. Ch 7.
2. Dc in 2nd st from needle, dc in next 3 sts, 1 hdc in next st, 1 sc in next st, ch 2.
3. Turn piece and stitch on other side of chains. 1 sc in first st, 1 hdc in next st, 1 dc in next 4 sts. Bind off.
Repeat step 1-3 in all 4 colors, then stitch feathers to top of beanie using COFFEE yarn.

Sew in loose ends

*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photo's as your own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment