Friday, March 15, 2013

Scrunchy on the Run

This week was my first week back to work after having my baby.  I have to say it was bittersweet but I think it was more traumatic for me than it was for her.

A few days ago as I was rushing to get the baby ready so that I could get her to the babysitter on time so that I wouldn't be late to work, I realized I couldn't find a scrunchy to tie my hair.  So I concocted a plan and found a rubber band and a ball of yarn still sitting on my table along with my crochet needle, and this is what I came up with:

Well, the first one I made was actually a little bit simpler than this one, but it served it's purpose.
















Here is what you'll need:

* Yarn: I chose #804 / SURPRISE STRIPE (4 medium)
* Scissors to cut yarn
* 3 1/2" rubber band
* Size 5.0 mm crochet needle (US I-8)
* Small circle loom to hold rubber band.



Place the rubber band on the circle as seen in the picture.









Then cast the yarn onto the rubber band using a slip stitch.













Stitch 42 SC all the way around the rubber band and slip stitch to join.



There you have it!  The basic foundation for your very own scrunchy design.  I hope you enjoy!

Hey if you create your own scrunchies please feel free to share your designs.  I'd love to see what you come up with.

*** You may make and sell products from my patterns but if you do I ask that you link back to my post. Please do not copy and post this pattern and claim it as your own. Please do not re-publish photo's as your own.***

Be blessed and may hope never elude you.
- Ruth Soto

Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment